A laser level is an essential tool for any DIYer. It projects a laser line on the surface you are working on, which helps you to make sure that your work is straight and plumb. The laser beam can be projected in many different ways: horizontal, vertical, rotational or elliptical. You may also find laser levels with preset angles of slope (e.g., 5 degrees) and laser levels with adjustable slopes from 10-30 degrees). Laser levels are widely used by carpenters, floor layers and bricklayers for leveling purposes before laying down a tile or carpet layer as well as making sure that walls are plumb prior to hanging drywall.
Table of Contents
- 13 DIY Home Improvement Projects:
- 1. Use a laser level to create perfect, straight lines on your wall:
- 2. To lay smooth floor tiles:
- 3. To create a perfectly-even brick wall:
- 4. To put up cabinets with a smooth finish:
- 5. To hang a flat-screen TV on your wall:
- 6. Hang pictures without any visible nail holes using a laser level”
- 7. Install your circular saw more precisely:
- 8. Find the center of two walls and install shelves between them for more storage space:
- 9. To create custom size cabinets:
- 10. To install vinyl flooring:
- 11. To install mirrors on the wall:
- 12. To create an even pattern for laying tile:
- 13. For DIY closet organizers:
13 DIY Home Improvement Projects:
1. Use a laser level to create perfect, straight lines on your wall:
Walls that are not perfectly straight look sloppy and can ruin the appearance of your whole living room. Before hanging any wall art, you need to mark out exactly where it needs to be hung with laser level laser line. To do so, use the laser level’s horizontal laser line (usually red) to project a laser beam along the edge of the wall. From here, you can place your picture frames and other decorations at an equal distance from one another.
2. To lay smooth floor tiles:
If you are planning to lay tile on your kitchen or bathroom floors, laser leveling is a must-do activity for ensuring that your floor will be perfectly even. You need laser level laser to project lines on the floor at right angles (90 degrees).
3. To create a perfectly-even brick wall:
Brick walls are perfect for creating an antique look and feel in your home. If you want to lay brick walls around your patio or garden, laser leveling will help you with perfect precision. Use laser level laser laser laser laser laser laser to project lines on your patio that are perfectly parallel.
4. To put up cabinets with a smooth finish:
Cabinets need to be installed in such a way that the side panels are even and straight. Use laser level laser laser laser laser to mark out the position of each panel, then screw them into place.
5. To hang a flat-screen TV on your wall:
Wall mounts are available that can hold even the largest flat screen TVs. The laser level simply project beams along the surface of each stud so you know exactly where to screw them in to connect to the wall mount.
6. Hang pictures without any visible nail holes using a laser level”
If you do not want to see any nail holes on your pictures, laser level is a brilliant solution. Simply hold the picture up to the wall with small brackets and mark where each hole needs to be drilled. The laser line will make sure that your drill bit stays completely straight.
7. Install your circular saw more precisely:
Use laser level to project a laser beam on the surface of your work piece. This will make sure that you cut with precision and accuracy.
8. Find the center of two walls and install shelves between them for more storage space:
Laser levels can be used to measure the distance between two points on a surface, which in turn helps you to find the center.
9. To create custom size cabinets:
If you want to make your own kitchen cabinets but do not have the tools necessary for doing so, laser leveling is a great alternative. Simply find the centers of each wall, then use your laser level to mark out the distance between them. All you need to do is cut the boards in a straight line, drill holes and screw them into place.
10. To install vinyl flooring:
If you are having new flooring installed in your home, a laser level can be used to make sure that everything is laid out perfectly level. Simply project a laser beam on your flat floor and use it as a guideline for laying down each piece of flooring.
11. To install mirrors on the wall:
Mirrors are perfect for creating an illusion of space in your bathroom or dressing room, but you need to be able to hang the mirror absolutely straight. Use a laser level to project a horizontal beam on the wall, and use this as your guide for drilling your holes.
12. To create an even pattern for laying tile:
When laying any type of flooring, you need to make sure it is completely level. Use a laser level to project a horizontal beam on the surface of your ground and use this as your guide for installing tiles.
13. For DIY closet organizers:
Laser levels are fantastic for creating a perfectly-level shelf anywhere you want it. If you would like the shelves in your kitchen or garage to be level, simply use a laser level and project lines on the surface of each piece. The NivelCO laser tool barometer will give you an exact reading on each surface to make sure you have a perfectly-level shelf.
If you’re looking to get more done around the house, but don’t know where to start, this article will provide a range of helpful tips for DIY projects that require a laser level. Whether you want to hang pictures on your wall without any visible nail holes, install cabinet side panels or even create custom size cabinets out of pre-cut boards – these are all tasks that can be accomplished with the help of a laser level. If you have any questions about how best to use one in each situation described here, feel free to ask our team of experts! We look forward to helping make your new home improvement project an easy and enjoyable process.