Are you looking for the Best Laser Level for the Money for accurate leveling? Online and physical markets are full of laser levels offering different services at different rates. Deciding between choosing a cheap laser level and expensive one is a frustrating thing.
At one moment you will be thinking to buy a simple and cheap laser level but in the second moment your decision will be different, you will be thinking to invest a little more to grab a quality product which can give batter performance for long period.
But what if expensive laser level has the same qualities as that of a cheaper one?
The only solution to save you from wasting money is to choose the best replacement for your money. You should invest in a product having all possible features that a product of this cost could have. In short, you shouldn’t try to find a large scale laser level at cheap rates and shouldn’t focus on expensive ones having normal features.
If you are looking for the perfect exchange of your money then, you are in the right place. We have selected five high-quality laser levels for you. We have explained their features, pros, and cons with details.
Table of Contents
- Best Laser Levels for the Money in 2021 Reviews & Comparison Table:
- 1. DEWALT DW088K Laser Level- Best Dewalt Laser Level:
- 2. Makita SK104Z Laser Level – Best Value Laser Level:
- 3. Hammerhead HLCL01 Laser Level – Best Budget Laser Level:
- 4. Bosch GLL 55 Laser Level – Best Cross Line Laser Level:
- 5. Inspiritech TR-5LR-1 Laser Level – Best Rotary Laser Level:
Best Laser Levels for the Money in 2021 Reviews & Comparison Table:
1. DEWALT DW088K Laser Level- Best Dewalt Laser Level:
Dewalt DW088K laser level could be your first choice if you are looking for a cross-leveling laser level as it projects bright light in both horizontal and vertical lines making a cross on wall or observing platform. Although it is a red light laser level. It has an indoor range of up to 100 ft.
With an accuracy rate of ±1/4 inch per 100 feet, the Dewalt cross-line laser level is among the most accurate laser levels. By using a laser detector, its laser line can be detected at 165 ft.
Dewalt DW088K is best laser level for the money and it is easy to use as it has only two buttons located on its side control penal. You just need to use those buttons to operate its beams. It has built-in ‘magnetic pivoting base’ which helps mount on the metal surface.
You can operate all three beams by using buttons available on the side control penal. These three beams include a horizontal line, vertical line, and cross-line.
- It is a self-leveling model. This feature ensures a more accurate rate.
- It has integrated ‘Magnetic Pivoting Base’ which allows you to mount it on any metal surface.
- It can also be mounted on a Tripod. A DW0881T Laser Tripod is included in the purchase box. This tripod has collapsible legs making it more flexible.
- It is water-resistant having an IP54 rating. This feature makes it work for a long time.
- Its long-range of 100 feet with an accuracy of ±1/4 per 100 feet or ±1/4 per 30 feet makes.
- Accuracy: 1/8” @ 30 ft
- Indoor Visibility: 100 ft
- Laser Beam Color: Red
- Working Range: 165ft
2. Makita SK104Z Laser Level – Best Value Laser Level:
Another cross-line laser level of our list is Makita SK104Z providing all features to decorate your house. It can project light beam horizontally, vertically, and cross making it useful for indoor tasks. Its laser line will be visible up to 50 ft.
Its vertical line spans 120-degree while that of the horizontal line covers 180-degree. One of the cool features is its accuracy. It has an accuracy of 1/8 inch per 30 feet along the horizontal line and 3/32 inch per 30 along a vertical line.
Makita SK104Z laser level has a fast self-leveling feature as it can easily be stabled within 3 seconds. In the case of an uneven surface, self-leveling can be corrected up to 4 degrees.
This laser level provides “Pulse mode” to increase or decrease power usage. Decreasing its power at night can extend its battery life. It comes with 3 AA batteries providing up to 35 hours continuous run time.
- Project beam along the x-axis (horizontal), y-axis (vertical), and cross.
- It has fast self-leveling which can be leveled within a few seconds.
- It has a high accuracy rate of 1/8 per 30.
- Pulse mode provides an extra option to increase or decrease power usage.
- The laser level span 120-degrees vertically and 180-degrees horizontally providing optimum coverage of the working area.
- Weight: 1.04 pounds
- Batteries: 3 AA batteries required
- Battery Included: NO
- Batteries Required: YES
- Battery Cell Type: Alkaline
3. Hammerhead HLCL01 Laser Level – Best Budget Laser Level:
Looking for a best laser level for tile alignment, windows, and wall studding? If yes, then the Hammerhead HLCL01 laser level is an ideal choice for you.This is also the best laser level for the money in our list. It can project 3 beams which are visible up to 30 feet. You can perform different household jobs with an accuracy of a quarter inch.
An adjustable mounting clamp is used to mount it on any particle. This awesome laser level can also be mounted on a ¼ inch threaded tripod screw to make it useful for different works.
Hammerhead HLCL01 laser level comes with self-leveling capability which is positioned within 4 degrees of level. This laser level has an internal pendulum to avoid errors in making a perfectly level line. There is an LED light located at its top which turns on when having the issue in self-leveling.
You would be asked to adjust laser level manually. 2 AA batteries are added in this laser leveling making it work 15 hours continuously.
It is a red light laser level with a short range of 30 that’s why it is suitable for indoor work only. It is mostly used in tiling and studding. Here are a few of its features listed below.
- Hammerhead HLCL01 compact laser level provides self-leveling up to 4-degrees.
- A pendulum lock in this laser level is used to adjust angles manually.
- An adjustable mounting clamp is used to mount this laser level on any particle.
- Weight: 1.45 pounds
- Accuracy: +/- 1/4 in. at 30 ft
- Laser Beam Color: Red
- Batteries Included: Yes
- Warranty: 3 Year
4. Bosch GLL 55 Laser Level – Best Cross Line Laser Level:
There are just a few laser level brands on the internet known for their best services. Bosch is one of them. Bosch GLL 55 is best budget best laser level and features vertical and horizontal and cross-level modes.
It makes line visible in standard working conditions using ‘VisiMax technology’ which is exclusively used by Bosch.
This self-leveling laser level can project line up to 50 feet with an accuracy of ±1/8 inch for 33 ft. Bosch GLL 55 comes with the best internal pendulum system which can adjust it to 4 degrees.
This pendulum system makes self-leveling perfect by indicating out-of-level conditions. When the laser level is powered off, the smart pendulum system is locked automatically. This feature ensures safe transportation.
A ‘magnetic L-mount’ is used for the mounting purpose which consists of several strong magnets which can be used to attach instrument with steel studs. Due to retractable feet, this laser level can be used in free-standing mode. The external body of the Bosch GLL 55 lases level is rated by IP54 making it dust and waterproof. This feature protects this device from different weather conditions.
- VisiMax technology makes it give excellent laser light in every condition. This technology also protects diodes from overheating.
- Bosch GLL 55 laser level has a smart pendulum system that provides self-leveling and indicates out-of-level conditions by detecting them. Not only this, but this system is also automatically locked when the laser level is switched off.
- It uses the best mounting system. A magnet bracket is used for the mounting purpose which is powerful enough to be attached with steed stud. This laser level can also be used without any stand or mounting source.
- IP54 Rating makes this laser level water and dustproof.
- Weight: 1.08 pounds
- Material: Plastic
- Batteries Included: Yes
- Warranty: 2 Year
5. Inspiritech TR-5LR-1 Laser Level – Best Rotary Laser Level:
Last but not least product of our list is Inspiritech TR-5LR-1 Laser level for the money. It is an advanced laser level that projects bright laser light having range 33 to 66 ft. Inspiritech TR-5LR-1 Laser Level has an accuracy rate of ±1/25 inches per 16 ft.
It comes with gravity pendulum which allows self-leveling within 3 degrees. The pendulum system sounds-light alarm as a warning at an inclination of 3 degrees. Inspiritech TR-5LR-1 laser level comes with a touch pad that is easy to operate and this is also best laser level.
It has a 360-degree rotary base through which the laser line position is adjusted easily. It can also make a tilted line. A tilt line pattern can be used for different purposes.
This device is fully rubber covered making it dust and crash-proof. This outer rubber body ensures the safety of its interior parts. This laser level uses red light which is brighter than usual, that’s why goggles (tinted eyeglasses) are included in the purchased kit. These glasses prevent laser line to enter in human eyes as these rays are harmful.
This laser level with self-leveling, 360-degree rotary base, tilt mode, touch keypad, rubber covered body, and other features is the best choice for critical indoor jobs.
- Inspiritech TR-5LR-1 Laser level has gravity pendulum which allows self-leveling with 3 degrees. At inclination of 3 degrees, it sounds alarmed.
- It has a high accuracy rate of plus-minus 1/25 inch per 16 feet.
- Inspiritech TR-5LR-1 can be used to make a tilt line pattern for different purposes.
- This device is covered by rubber. That’s why it is dust and damage-proof.
- It comes with tinted glasses or goggles to ensure the safety of the user as a laser can affect human eyes badly.
- Weight: 2.8 pounds
- Material: Rubber
- Laser Beam Color: Red
- Batteries Included: Yes
These laser levels have their price according to features and quality provided. Using a laser level is a pre-construction work that should be completed before starting your project. The delay in choosing a perfect laser level could affect your project and may cause extension. Being a professional developer and engineer, you should try to buy the Best Laser level for the Money as soon as possible. But it doesn’t mean to buy one in a hurry.
You have a lot of time to sit and think about it. Another thing which I forget to mention is that you should also keep an eye on kit and tools that come with a laser level. I mean tripod, goggles, measuring tape, laser receiver, battery, backup battery, charger, and magnet bar, etc. These tools are as helpful as laser level itself. A laser level with tools should be preferred over laser laser without them in the case when price and features are not much different.
Buying all in one kit is preferred over buying everything separately because a laser level can’t be mounted on every tripod. So instead of finding that specific one in the market, you should order it along with the laser level even when it is a bit expensive. This same theory applies to batteries, chargers, and laser receivers.