Table of Contents
While you can experiment with curves and other shapes when landscaping, the most important element will always be working with straight lines. Most people prefer symmetrical garden styles over other kinds so it makes sense that straight lines are important to the entire process!
Straight lines are formal, they’re traditional and add a sense of elegance to your garden as well. That’s why today’s article will be focused on how to establish a level grade line for landscaping.
Related Article: Best Laser Level For Landscaping
How to establish a level grade line for landscaping?
Here are the steps you need to keep in mind:
- First, insert some markings into your garden for the outlines of your project.
- Then, you can add in wooden grade stakes 2 feet ahead from each marking and also tie some rope on every four stakes.
- At the middle of the string, attach a line level. You may adjust the string till it becomes level. You can then move onto the next piece of string.
- Your next step is to measure the distance between the ground and the level string. This will be done at 3 separate places. In the middle of the string and at each stake.
- Add red-colored water to clear plastic tubing. Make sure it flows from one end to the other.
- For the next step, you need someone to help you! They will hold the tubing at one stake while you take the other end to the next stake. This process will allow you to make sure that the water level at one stake is the same as it would be at the other by adjusting the tubing.
- The next step is simple enough; you need to repeat this process on the other two sides and stakes while ensuring that the water level is maintained all the way through. You can then mark level lines at each stake.
- In the middle of the 4 stakes, you will place a laser lever atop a tripod.
- Then, you can add a receiver on a transit rod.
- Your next step will be to place the transit rod next to a corner stake. Once this is done, you can begin tweaking the adjustments of the receiver by raising and lowering it. Once it is accurately placed, it creates a loud and steady beeping sound. This means it is in alignment with the laser level.
- Finally, at the bottom end of the transit rod make a mark and repeat this marking process on the other stakes you placed in the ground.
Looking for Best Laser Level For Grading?
With that, you are done establishing that perfect level grade line for landscaping! We hope this has been a truly insightful journey about how to establish a level grade line for landscaping. With these steps, anyone can easily achieve these outcomes.